Simple and thankfully nourished
Sometimes you just need a good-old, simple recipe that's quick, delicious and nourishing. That's exactly this recipe. Perfect for a quick mid-week meal or a lazy Saturday night. This meal is also thankfully FODMAP friendly.
- Garlic-infused olive oil
- 1/4 large or 1/2 small fennel bulb, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 large zucchini, diced
- 800g beef mince
- 3 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp bone broth concentrate
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 tsp rice wine or apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tsp Thankfully Nourished Liver Powder
- sea salt
- 2 medium sized eggplants
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Drizzle olive oil over a baking tray or use baking paper instead.
- Slice eggplants in half and place on baking tray with skin side up. Drizzle with more olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Set aside until you're ready to cook them (see below)
- Using a heavy bottom pot, add a good splash of olive oil and place on the stovetop over medium heat
- Add fennel, carrots and zucchini and sauté for a minute or so.
- Turn heat up to high and add beef mince, breaking into pieces until well combined with veggies
- Add tomato paste, basil and oregano and cook until meat is browned
- Dissolve bone broth concentrate into the hot water then add it to the pot
- Add vinegar and sprinkle over liver powder. Add bay leaf
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Stirring occasionally and adding a touch of water if needed
- While sauce is simmering, add the eggplants to the oven and cook for 30 minutes or until very soft and tender
- Season the sauce with salt to taste and then serve over the eggplants with a grating of parmesan cheese
I hope you enjoy this easy and nutritious meal.
STAY UP TO DATE WITH NEW SPECIALS