This breakfast Panna Cotta is such a delicious and nutrient rich way to start your day. It's also a wonderful way to incorporate quality grass fed gelatine into your diet. The Panna Cotta can be made the day before and makes an impressive breakfast or brunch for family and friends.
For this recipe you will need dariole moulds. I use 120ml moulds but you can use 200ml mould if you prefer. You will also need granola, which we I have included the recipe below. The granola should be made at least a few hours before if not the day before.
Makes 6 x 120ml moulds or 4 x 200ml moulds
Panna Cotta ingredients
- Spray oil for the moulds (you can also use oil & a brush)
- 250ml pouring cream
- 125ml honey
- 60ml boiling water
- 3tsp Thankfully Nourished Gelatin
- 500g Greek yoghurt
Panna Cotta method
- Grease the dariole moulds with oil. Place on a baking tray.
- Place the cream and honey in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Cook while stirring for 2 minutes or until the honey dissolves.
- Place boiling water in a heatproof bowl. Sprinkle with Thankfully Nourish Gelatin and whisk with a fork until the gelatine dissolves.
- Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Stir the gelatine mixture into the cream mixture until combined. Set aside for 30 minutes to cool.
- Add the yoghurt and whisk until combined.
- Divide the cream mixture among the prepared moulds.
- Cover with plastic wrap or a second baking tray and place in the fridge for 4 hours or until set.
- Invert dariole mould into a serving bowl or plate
- Place 2 or 3 tablespoons of granola beside it and surround it with your favourite seasonal fruit
- Now drizzle the top of the Panna Cotta with honey and enjoy!
- 400g oats
- 80g coconut sugar or panela
- 50g Honey
- 50g coconut oil
- 2g ground ginger
- 4g allspice
- 4g ground coriander
- 60g pepitas (activate all nuts by soaking or dehydrating)
- 60g Almond
- 40g Sunflower seeds
- 30g Macadamia
- 30g Hazelnuts
- 30g Pistachio
- 30g Coconut (flaked)
- 50g Cranberry (chopped)
- 50g Prunes (chopped)
- 50g figs (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a large, rimmed baking pan with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, nuts and/or seeds, salt and spices. Stir to blend.
- Pour in the oil, sugar and honey. Mix well, until every oat and nut is lightly coated. Pour the granola onto your prepared pan and use a large spoon to spread it in an even layer.
- Bake until lightly golden, about 21 to 24 minutes, stirring halfway (for extra-clumpy granola, press the stirred granola down with your spatula to create a more even layer). The granola will further crisp up as it cools.
- Let the granola cool completely, undisturbed (at least 45 minutes).
- Top with the chopped dried fruit.
- Break the granola into pieces with your hands if you want to retain big chunks, or stir it around with a spoon if you don’t want extra-clumpy granola.
- Store the granola in an airtight container at room temperature.
Feel free to swap and play around with the ingredients. The dried fruit, nuts, seeds or spices can all be changed to your liking.
Hope you enjoy it
STAY UP TO DATE WITH NEW SPECIALS