I wanted to share a recipe from my nanna that has a lot of family history. Years ago my nanna handed down this recipe to my mum, which my mum then passed on to me. And now I pass it on to you because special things need to be shared!
I think you’ll like it because it’s so easy, wholesome and scrumptious.
This recipe will surprise you with the flavour that comes just from browning the meat and slow cooking it. It’s purely delish!
- 1kg diced topside steak
- 2 large onions, roughly diced
- 3 carrots, roughly chopped
- 1/ 2 cup mushrooms, roughly chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil or Lard
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups bone broth
- salt to taste
And here's the method
- Heat the coconut oil in a frypan and toss in the onions. Fry for about 1 minute and then add the diced steak. Fry until lightly browned.
- Transfer meat and onions to a stove top casserole dish or a large saucepan. Add carrots and black pepper.
- Cover with bone broth and bring to a slow boil. Simmer on the stovetop for 3 hours, topping up the liquid level with extra bone broth or water when necessary. (Add optional mushrooms in the last 30 minutes of cooking)
- Serve with a plate full of vegetables and a fermented side such as sauerkraut.
I hope you love it as much as our family does.
STAY UP TO DATE WITH NEW SPECIALS